Friday, January 04, 2013

Resolutions - 52 Clicks Project


resolutions-0612Every year I try to do a 365 project. A photo a day for every day of the year. It usually lasts about a week. Or less. Well this year my friend Tanja from Contemporary Expressions Photography suggested something a little bit easier….a 52 Clicks Project.

A bit easier than a 365 since it is once a week instead of everyday. Every week we will have a theme and a week to post an image for that theme. This week, our theme….. Resolutions.

So, what does a picture of a butterfly in a Christmas Tree have to do with resolutions? Well, here’s the somewhat lengthy explanation from my somewhat crazy creative mind.

Last year, I decided that my resolution for the year would be one word that represents all my goals for that year. Last year the word was strength. Strength of mind, body and spirit. I’d like to say that it worked amazingly well and I am now a stronger person in mind, body and spirit. However, as most resolutions go I made some strides toward those goals and others things…..well, lets just say, they didn't work out so well (especially the losing weight and gaining strength part!) .

HOWEVER, the wonderful thing about a new year is a fresh slate and fresh hope that you can once again work to achieve all those goals. I LOVE THAT PART ABOUT NEW YEAR’S!!!  Anything is possible once again!

So, without further ado, I will put my Resolutions out there (and finally get around to explaining the photo!) This year the word of the year is……..drum roll please……….CHANGE.

Yes, like the way a butterfly changes from a caterpillar to a butterfly (get what I did there? So clever, huh? Either that or really silly. BUT, this IS my blog and YOU are reading it so I bet you think it is clever too. Right? Right? Right!)

Then, because I believe resolutions or goals should not be vague but  specific, plus that there should be resolutions to cover several areas of life,  here are the individual  resolutions to go with the word of the year…CHANGE…...another drum roll please……

In Health: CHANGE my health so that I lose 50 pounds (yes, 50……dream big or go home) by eating right and exercising.

In Financial: CHANGE our financial health by setting a budget, playing off bills and getting a retirement plan in place.

In Business: CHANGE the business so that I have a balance of work and family working smarter, not harder.

In Personal: CHANGE my personality so that I worry less and stay positive more!

Finally, I will leave you with two “quotes” , if you will. One is my lock screen on my phone ……….

Always Believe that Something Wonderful is About to Happen! 

And, the next you have probably heard before and it is a bit lengthy, but bear with me, you've made it this far, right? Almost done. It is the quote Promise Yourself by Christian Larson:

“Promise Yourself
To be so strong that nothing
can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity
to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel
that there is something in them
To look at the sunny side of everything
and make your optimism come true.
To think only the best, to work only for the best,
and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past
and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times
and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself
that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear,
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world,
not in loud words but great deeds.
To live in faith that the whole world is on your side
so long as you are true to the best that is in you.”


Welcome 2013 and all the promise and CHANGE it brings! Happy New Year!

NOTE: If you would like to see the other photographers who are participating in this week's Resolutions theme click here.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

all I can say is...WOW!

Tanja said...

Insipring, thought provoking, and beautiful Michelle!

jenn anderson said...

wow michelle i loved reading your post and your photo...u have such an amazing heart!
jenn