Sunday, April 21, 2013

Easter...as it was..





Here


Here is five of the about seven photos I had to chance to take on Easter this year. In fact, these two cuties....my niece and nephew, weren't even supposed to be in Colorado for Easter. But....a few days before Easter my dad had to have emergency surgery. My sister changed her plans for spring break and made the 20 hour drive with two kids to Colorado. We spent Easter Eve dying eggs and doing all the normal Eastery things. After a scramble of just whose house we should have Easter at this year, it was decided that my house was probably just the easiest. Yep, we had 13 people for Easter dinner and all the traditional Eastery things for the kids, then high tailed it to the hospital to bring Easter dinner to my mom and dad. It was a bit crazy to say the least.

Then, my sister and I spent the better part of the week going through our growing up house in Lakewood, starting the process of getting it ready to put on the market for my parents. It's been a long time coming and my parents just can't do the stairs any longer.

So, for the time being they are staying with me while my dad recovers. Kind of chaotic around here but it's okay and so thankful that my dad seems to have had a very successful surgery.

I have lots of sessions and fun things to share on the blog in the coming weeks. We have been busy but the blog has taken a back seat. It's catch up time now!

No comments: