Saturday, April 09, 2016

Congratulations | Newberry Scarlet Poms | Newberry, SC












Last fall I had the opportunity to fly to Newberry, South Carolina to photograph the amazing Scarlet Poms Team. It was just an overnight trip but gave me the opportunity to spend some time with some wonderful friends and check one more state of my bucket list of visiting all 50 states! I fell in love with this quaint college town so reminiscent of another town made famous years ago on TV with a similar name......Mayberry RFD.

In the short time I was there I also fell in love with the southern hospitality of the people and especially these girls (and guy) on the team. Well, this great team just went to the UDA Collegiate Dance Championships and rocked the socks of their judges in their appearance. They took 2nd in Poms and 6th in Hip Hop!

Congratulations to coach Jenna Eyre (who I used to carpool to dance with my daughter and some friends way back when she was a grade schooler!) and her magnificent team. They have been winning trophies left and right since Jenna starting coaching there three years ago. Way to go Newberry !!




No comments: