Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Independence Day | My Favorite Holiday














The last few years, on the 4th of July, a plethora of flag pictures have flooded social media. Here are just a few of our seniors that we have helped add to all those photos over the years.

I LOVE flag photos. And, the 4th is my favorite holiday! Not because it is the day our country celebrates it's independence. Although, that is a very important and meaningful part of it. But, my reasons are more self centered and not near as important or deep.

I love it because... unlike other holidays in Colorado, the weather is almost always awesome. We can be outside, we can barbecue. We can enjoy the beauty of our great land. 

Also, unlike other holidays (at least in our family) it comes with no preconceived ideas of what it should be.  We can go see fireworks. Or not. We can have people over. Or not. We can buy special food or presents. Or not.  A day off to celebrate stress free! And, be free to do whatever we want. Just like our forefathers fought so valiantly to achieve...freedom! So, maybe my reasons are a little deeper than I first thought. lol.

I do SO love Independence Day! And flag senior portraits! Thanks to all these seniors above who share my love of the flag and the 4th!

No comments: